My Approach… Wholistic, Scientific & Nurturing
I am passionate about restoring hope, healing, and health from within! In order to find balance, we must appreciate and understand our unique biochemistry and how food, environment, lifestyle, genetics, and more influence our health. The body is a beautiful network of systems constantly communicating together. An imbalance in one area of your body can cause illness in a completely different part, making it important to view all systems together and to appreciate how they influence each other. This is called functional nutrition or functional medicine.
This is why I value each person as unique and provide a personalized and compassionate approach. My partnership with clients take them on a journey to explore past history, medications, supplements, lifestyle habits, stress, environment, relationships, genetics, and how it may contribute to their current health struggle and status. Together we use “food as medicine” nutrition therapies, supplementation, advanced testing, lab work, and more to help uncover and correct health imbalances.
Julie Bender-Sibbio RDN, LDN, cWC
Certified Functional & Integrative Nutritionist
As research continues to emerge, it is clear that gut bacteria are directly connected to our major systems in the body making them vital for a healthy immune system and total health. This is why I am dedicated to the area of gut health to help you thrive. The nutrients we enjoy from food are not effective if gut health is not optimal, or if the gut is not absorbing key nutrients needed to regulate the body’s systems! My mission is to help clients discover a PEACEFUL GUT and a healthy balance so they can thrive.
My Personal Health Journey
Believe it or not, I too have struggled with my own health. Several years ago, I became frustrated with conventional approaches failing to provide answers. Despite my vast knowledge of nutrition even I couldn’t “eat my way” to improve my skin, gut, and hormone issues leaving me disheartened and discouraged. I began my journey exploring alternative therapies ultimately leading me to advanced training in functional and integrative nutrition therapy. I dove back deep into my roots of science and biochemistry and discovered natural solutions for healing. This re-ignited my passion for working in the nutrition field and helping others thrive — and gave way to the birthing of my private practice, JBS Nutrition & Wellness, LLC. My experiences and journey have taught me that a holistic view of our health is absolutely necessary to uncover the root cause of our most pressing health concerns.
Degrees & Education
- Bachelor of Science in Dietetics
- Dietetic Internship – State University of New York (SUNY), Stony Brook
Certifications & Certificates
- Certified in Integrative and Functional Medical Nutrition Therapy (IFMNT), 2-year accredited program
- Current advanced training with credential pending 2018
- Certified Health & Wellness Coach — WellCoaches®
- Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management — Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Certificate of Leadership — Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Over 200 hours of continuing education in the past 2 years
Registrations & Licensures
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Licensed Dietitian, State of Florida
- The Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM)
- The Center for Mindful Eating
- American Botanical Council
- Environmental Working Group
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine
- The Florida Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Association of Gastrointestinal Motility Disorders Advisory Board Member
Julie is honored to serve as a member of Association of Gastrointestinal Motility Disorders (AGMD) Medical/Scientific/Nutritional Advisory Board, where she is a regular contributor to the AGMD’s e-magazine and website and telephone Internet Featured Guest program. You can find links to her articles and interviews here.